Traveling From: Toronto
Fees:$2,501 - $5,000
Jim Ralph is a media personality and retired professional hockey player from Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario Canada. Jim Ralph is best known for his dry self deprecating sense of humor, and his comical impersonations of famous Canadian sportscasters Foster Hewitt, Danny Gallivan, Dick Irwin, Bob Cole, Brian Williams, Dave Van Horne, and Don Cherry.
Experience: After being drafted to the Chicago Blackhawks Jim Ralph played pro hockey for seven years in the minor leagues as goaltender. In 1989, Jim retired and began his broadcasting career by co-hosting ‘Rinkside,’ a weekly hockey show that aired on TSN. He has done colorful commentary on Toronto Maple Leaf radio broadcasts and Ontario Hockey League games that aired on Global Television, 1990-1995. From 1990 to 1996, he was a sports reporter for Global Television in Toronto. He has co-hosted Molson Leaf Hockey on Global Television Network. Jim Ralph has spoken at events hosted by such NHLer’s as Brett Hull, Doug Gilmour, Curtis Joseph, Dave Gagner, Jason Arnott, Andy Moog and Steve Yzerman. He has spoken at the Conn Smythe Celebrity Sport Dinner in Toronto, has presided at Wayne Gretzky’s star-studded slow pitch baseball tournament in Brantford, the annual meet-the-Leafs luncheon, and the Hockey News Award Banquet, among countless other events.
- Guest opening on “Hockey Night in Canada” in 1989.
- Guest analyst for the NHL/Soviet “Super Series” in 1991.
- Guest appearance on “Don Cherry’s Grapevine” TV show in 1991.
- Hosted and produced a video segment for the NHL Awards on CBC in 1991.
- Released a Hockey Video entitled “Hockey’s Brutal Game” in association with Molstar Communications in 1991.
- Jim has co-hosted the “Toronto Maple Leafs Skills Challenge” in 1991, 1992, 1993 and 1995 for Global television.
- Appeared on the “Don Cherry Celebrity Roast”, a CBC special in 1992.
- Made guest appearances on the 1994 and 1996 “Hockey Hall of Fame Inductions Ceremony” on TSN.
- Co-hosted “Molson Leaf Hockey” games on Global in 1995 – 1996.
- In studio analyst for TSN’s “That’s Hock…” in 1996 Ã 1997.
- Hosted “Ottawa Senators Hockey Games” on CHRO television in Ottawa in 1996- 1997.
- Jim was a guest on “Open Mike” on the Comedy Network in March of 1998.
- This season, Jim will provide color commentary for Toronto Maple Leaf games on Talk 640 radio.
Guest Speaking Hi-Lites:
Jim has spoken at various corporate and charity functions across North America, including engagements in every Canadian province as well into the United States. The following are just some of the events Jim has been hired to make presentations to:
- The Wayne Gretzky Celebrity Classic Dinner”
- “The Meet the Leafs Luncheon
- “The Hockey News Awards”, televised on TSN,
- “The Toronto Maple Leaf Alumni Golf Tournament
- “The Bob Cole Celebrity Golf Classic”
- “The National Hockey League Golf Tournament”
- “The NHL Players Association Golf Tournament”
- “The Montreal Sports Celebrity Dinner”
- “The Calgary Flames Sports Dinner”
- “The Conn Smyth Sports Celebrity Dinner”
- “The 1996 Stanley Cup Finals Luncheon”
- Annual Guest Speaker, MC, at Roger Neilson’s Coaching Clinic. (Since 1991)
Performance Style: Jim Ralph is best known for his laid-back, dry, self-deprecating sense of humour, and his comical impersonations of famous Canadian sportscasters, including Foster Hewitt, Danny Gallivan, Dick Irvin, Bob Cole, Brian Williams, and of course Don Cherry.
Why hire Jim Ralph? Jim’s entertaining and laid-back approach acts as a perfect antidote to sometimes-intense sales-and-marketing meetings. Jim’s outstanding after-dinner and MC presentations at Celebrity Golf Tournaments, Celebrity Roasts, Award Banquets, and Sportsmen Dinners are truly entertaining and make him a favorite amongst entertainers for any type of group. As a guest speaker or master of ceremonies, Jim’s steady stream of one-liners and comical impersonations has made him one of Canada’s most popular speakers.
Works Well in this Type of Event: Special Events, Corporate Events, Private Events, Charity Events, Golf Tournaments, Celebrity Speaking Events, Sports Events, Conventions, and Trade Shows.
Contact: You can request information on our entertainment options through our on-line request form. Or, you can call us Toll Free at 1.800.693.6665
“Feedback on your presentation to our group was great – a wonderful and light-hearted way to start our 5 days of intense sales and marketing meetings.”
Johnson & Johnson Medical Products
“We expected you to be well received, but you surpassed our expectations.”
Leukemia Celebrity Golf Classic